Canford Manor is an exceptional nursing home located in Lee-On-Solent with great care and friendly staff, just a short walk from the beach.
It has fully qualified nurses and care staff on duty 24 hours a day, who are kind and well trained.
Residents at our care homes enjoy very high staff to resident ratio, with staff that have the time and dedication to really care for them and make them feel at home.
- Happy, kind and caring atmosphere
- Visiting hair dresser
- Long serving and loyal staff
- Nurses and carers forge close relationships with residents and visitors
- Lots of daily activities
- Reminiscence sing alongs, musical shows
- Crafts, knitting, card games, newspapers, tv, films
- Events, including parties, afternoon teas, bingo, quoits, exercise
- Flower arranging, cake baking, gardening
- One to one activities such as dominoes, crafts, reading, painting
- Private visiting physiotherapists
- Very personal care to suit you
- As few rules as possible
- No smells!
Canford Manor holds 40 beds, all single and en-suite bedrooms, some bedrooms with direct garden access. A brand new two floor 14 bed wing was opened at Canford Manor at the start of October 2017 with 14 new bedrooms all with en-suite shower rooms and garden access and a lounge area with views and access to the garden.
We pride ourselves in using decor which is most suited to residents and fabrics which are most popular in terms of residents taste and the residents at Canford Manor helped choose the curtains and chair fabrics for the new wing. We care about making each resident as comfortable as possible and able to make as many choices as possible, from what to eat and where they’d like to eat it, to what to wear and do that day.
Canford Manor has two lovely lounges, a dining room and very sunny outdoor deck with easy garden access. Some ground floor rooms have doors opening onto a patio in the gardens. Every bedroom has a TV with many Freeview tv channels. Most rooms have a direct dial phone point and all have the latest nurse call systems, nursing beds and furniture.
- State-of-the-art nurse call system
- Wheelchair access
- Many comfortable lounge areas with garden views
- 24 hour care
- Tv with Freeview channels in every bedroom
- Telephone points in most bedrooms
- Ensuite bedrooms – most with ‘wet-room’ shower facility
- Daily home cooked meals – choice of menu and all special diets catered for
- Free Wi-Fi
- Top-of-the-range specialist beds, hoists and bathroom hoists
- Passenger lift
- Beautiful gardens
- Chiropody, hairdressing and newspaper service
- Activities every day
- Pets by arrangement
- Close to local shops
- Near public transport
Canford Manor is located in the heart of Lee-On-Solent, just a short walk from the beach and local shops.
By car; Canford Manor is easily accessible and has ample parking.
By bus; The X5 route goes past Canford Manor, you can find more details on www.firstgroup.co.uk.
By train; The nearest train station is Fareham. It is 3.9 miles away therefore not in walking distance but there is a taxi rank at the station.
Address: 38 Manor Way, Lee-On-The-Solent, PO13 9JH
At Canford Manor, we provide a stimulating and varied entertainment program including fun and engaging activities every day for the residents to participate in, with a variety of choice to entice residents to participate.
This includes; arts and crafts, bingo, flower arranging, singers and performers, ‘pat’ dog visits as well as plenty of seasonal celebrations for Easter, Christmas, Royal Weddings, sporting events, Halloween, 5th November, to name but a few.
Caring, kind, professional, like family, are a few of the descriptions residents and relatives have given us to describe the nurses and care assistants at the home.
All we all care about is making the residents as safe as healthy and as cared for as possible. Nurses have a wide range of clinical skills and regular updates.
Care assistants are trained to NVQ2 or 3 levels. The home is well respected by the local GP services and we work closely with them.
Dubbed ‘Comfort Manor’ by some who visit, we pride ourselves on our friendly, familiar and welcoming approach.
Manager: Angela Hooper
Deputy Manager: Amabel Yorke